If you are like me, you don’t want to settle for a “normal” second job for minimum wage. How does making an extra 1000 dollars a month sound, AND only with working a couple hours a week?
This is a very attainable goal for anyone looking to make some extra money using Craigslist!
To start off, there’s one area that you’ll want to become best friends with – the “Free Stuff” section.
This is found by looking for the “free section” in your local town/city area on Craigslist.org. This can be found under the “For Sale” section and click the “Free Stuff” tab.
The only catch is that you have to move the stuff yourself. So, if you’re picking up big items, it helps to have a truck or SUV.
What’s the best free stuff?
If you have access to a truck, couches and wooden furniture can be very profitable. Take it home and clean it up, and list it on Craigslist. If you know how to repair or good at DIY, you could easily bring in as much as $100 or more.
Tips for Selling on Craigslist:
- Rent or borrow a SUV, pickup, or trailer if you don’t have one.
- If you find that this side gig is a winner, invest in a dolly will help you move the bigger items.
- Most of the items listed for free will be oversized items.
- Have a place to store the items.
- Don’t go crazy and take everything just because it’s free.
- Don’t travel too far for items. You don’t want to spend more in gas then item’s worth.
Make a little extra cash by charging a delivery fee. This can increase your chances of selling your big items.