Over the years I have come up with some tips to help me maintain a clean kitchen in a busy family. I especially want to make sure to keep these tips easy to do so we don’t stray.
I hope these 6 cleaning tips will make your life so much easier too!
1. Wash Dishes As You Cook
Before you start cooking, fill sink full of hot soapy water, and then wash what you can while cooking to clean up what you can. It is amazing how doing this helps speed up cleaning time. You can also let the additional pots and pans you could not clean up before dinner soak while you are eating so they will be easy to finish afterwards.
2. Plan An After-Meal Routine
Make sure that after every meal you do a mini-cleanup of the kitchen.
- While cleaning, make sure to put away all leftovers in storage containers.
- Clean all dishes-if using dishwasher, never let it sit full and dirty.
- Wash all pots and pans and other items used in preparing or eating the meal.
- Put dishes and pots away so that you have counter space available again the next time you need to use the kitchen.
- Wipe down the counters, kitchen table, and stove top.
- Wipe down your sink.
3. Empty The Dishwasher Quickly After It Is Finished
Free up your dishwasher as soon as possible to make room for more dishes easier. Having your kids share in this chore helps to get it done faster.
4. Empty Kitchen Trash
How your kitchen smells can make or break a clean kitchen . Kitchen trash can be the worse! It can attract bugs as well. Therefore, make it part of your daily routine to take out the kitchen trash.
5. Sweep The Kitchen Floor
It is crazy how quickly a kitchen floor can get dirty. Sweep the floors after dinner will help keep them clean longer.
6. Change Your Kitchen Towels Daily
At a minimum change your kitchen towels daily, so you do not cross-contaminate by using the same kitchen towel multiple times.
I hope using these kitchen cleaning tips will help you and your family enjoy and use your kitchen more.
This weekend I will be working on organizing my home and I will be using my awesome products I got from Grove Collaborative. I wanted to share this offer with you as well!
In this amazing free offer for my friends, when you sign up for Grove and place your first order of $20 you’ll get this Fresh Start offer for free!
New Customer Offer:
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s Dish Soap
- Free Mrs. Meyer’s Lotion
- Free Grove Collaborative Cleaning Caddy
- Free Grove Collaborative Walnut Scrubber Sponges
- Free Shipping
Value of $40!
Take advantage of this awesome deal here!