Despite common perception, vaping is for more than just people trying to kick a bad habit. These days there’s a whole gaggle of things we vape for a whole host of reasons.
For Flavor & Aesthetics
Before getting into the practical uses of vaping, let’s first observe that some people vape simply because they enjoy it. Perhaps they’re former smokers who like how it looks, or appreciate the so-called “oral fixation” it satisfies, without the detriments of other alternatives like smoking or chewing gum. Others appreciate the extraordinary variety of flavors that manufacturers have come up with for vape enthusiasts to explore.
Just some of the flavors you can vape include:
- Old-standard dessert-y flavors like Vanilla, Chocolate, Cheesecake, and Bubblegum;
- Fruit Flavors like Cherry, Watermelon, Orange, Grape, and Banana;
- Particular Food Flavors like Marshmallow, Bacon, Nacho Cheese, and Peanut Butter (not all together, of course);
- Alcohol and Liquor-inspired Flavors like Beer, Margarita, Pina Colada, and Single-malt Scotch
- and that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Vape e-liquid manufacturers are constantly inventing new combinations of flavors with wild new names to keep the adventurous flavor-savorers always on their toes.
For Smoking Cessation or Tobacco Harm Reduction
Some people use vaping as a means to quit smoking, while others wish to continue enjoying tobacco, or at least its flavor and/or nicotine effects, without the tar and additives. For each of these individuals, there’s a vaping alternative.
- Tobacco – You can still get the taste and enjoyment of tobacco without the harmful effects of smoking by simply vaping tobacco flavored liquid. And you can find it available both with and without the nicotine.
- Nicotine – If, however, you don’t relish the flavor of tobacco, or simply wish to wean yourself off of tobacco entirely, yet worry about the drawbacks of withdrawing from nicotine, you can find products to vape that contain nicotine suspended in various flavored substrates. These products contain different proportions of nicotine so that a person trying to get off nicotine entirely can incrementally work her way down until there’s little to no nicotine in her vaporizer.
For Herbal Therapeutic Relief
Therapeutic herbs can also be vaped, for both their flavor and reported healing benefits. As an alternative to herbal supplements, tinctures, and teas, many practitioners of self-healing find vaping more pleasant and an easier way to digest and absorb the active elements in those healing herbs.
Some of the most popular herbs people vape include:
- Chamomile – said to promote relaxation, relieve stress, and assist with sleep, as well as to aid digestion and elimination, and reduce inflammation.
- Damiana – said to help with a variety of health concerns from headaches to asthma to urinary infection to symptoms of PMS. It is also widely believed that damiana elevates sexual desire in men, although that has yet to be proven in human trials. Damiana is not recommended for diabetics, as it can affect blood sugar levels.
- Green Tea – Thousands of years of Chinese history support the host of health benefits attributed to green tea, which has grown in reputation to become one of the most popular anti-aging substances in the world. Vaping is simply another way to ingest this so-called “superfood”
- Lavender – This is a popular herb for both its uniquely aromatic flavor, as well as its reputed benefits in aiding sleep and dreaming. It’s used for other reported health benefits as well, including relief from nausea and muscle aches and pains.
- Mint – One of the strongest flavored classes of herb, mint is commonly vaped purely for its flavor. It’s even added to other, less flavorful, substances to add a bit of flavor, or even disguise an unpleasant one. Mint is also believed, however, to aid in respiration, helping to clear sinus passages and nasal cavities, and to relieve irritation in the throat. On the other had, some people have reported mouth sores or irritation believed to be caused by vaping mint, so let the user beware.
- Lobelia and/or Mullein – Often vaped as smoking cessation aids, these two herbs are both believed to provide many of the same taste and physical benefits of tobacco.
Other herbs people vape include: Basil, Hops, Rosemary, and Thyme.
Whether you’re seeking relief from something ailing you, trying to replace a bad habit with a benign one, or simply looking for a way to add a bit more pleasure and flavor into your life, vaping offers endless ways to get your needs met.
The following guest post contribution was made by MightySkins. Located in Florida, MightySkins is an american owned, operated and manufactured company making quality custom vinyl skins for all sorts of electronics such as ecig skins, ipv3 skins and ipv4 skins.