This article discusses what you can expect from the removal team you hire and how to deal with them so the whole process is a success.
This is what it has all been leading up to. The crucial moment where all boxes are packed and everything is ready to go. Only one thing is left to be done, undertake the move itself. There will probably be a million things running through your mind. If the whole moving process is new to you, it can be a daunting task at first.
That’s why we have prepared a list of helpful things you can do when you deal with your removal company. Once you see how easy it can be, this will take the worry off your mind so you can focus on other important things.
So if you have booked your removals company already, you are good to go. However, if you haven’t, it’s good to know that some of the most competitive Cambridge removals companies offer all the services you should require. So before you get searching, remember to gather the details of your move so you can get an accurate quote. Once that’s done and you are ready for action, here are some tips for dealing effectively with your moving company:
- It’s the moving company’s role to keep you informed about exactly what time they will be arriving at your home. When you see the driver, this is normally an indicator they are also the manager of the entire move. So whenever you have any questions, ask the van operator as they will no doubt give you clear and reliable answers.
- First and foremost, the moving team will get an inventory written up for your belongings. This is so they can assess the condition of your things and give them a number for the purposes of the inventory. This is good because it gives your possessions extra cover and insurance in case anything happens. When an assessment is made you should double check it to make sure everyone agrees. You can also double check what is written in the inventory just to be safe.
- Inventory? You may be wondering what’s all this speak of an inventory. Well, it helps guarantee the arrival of your items to your new home and still in their original condition. The inventory is important as it almost acts as a contract between you and the moving company. Make sure you are transparent with them and vice versa on the day you move. This will help prevent any misunderstandings and ensure everyone’s on the same page before you sign anything.
- Once the inventory is done and dusted, the move can finally begin! This is when your moving company can start getting the van packed with your things. At this stage the experience of the movers really shines through as they judge the best position to put the things. When this is happening, make sure you let the supervisor know of any personal items you are taking yourself. If you are still looking for a reliable and experienced moving company, why not try Read Removals? Their team is efficient, reliable, and have many years of experience in helping people move homes. For more information, visit their website.
- Removal professionals normally have a certain method to accomplish the move without a hitch. This means loading items in methodologically and wrapping everything. You will be surprised to see every space in the van practically filled with your possessions. It’s almost like a human-sized puzzle.
- Remember if you are happy with your movers, show them! A nice tip, a cool beverage to keep them hydrated, or a yummy snack goes a long way. This keeps them working hard and happily! So everyone wins.
Knowing and being aware of these aspects will help your communication with the supervisor and the team on moving day. You want everything to be as stress free as possible. So keep these things in mind to keep the whole process flowing smoothly.