I’m always getting asked if there’s an easy way to eat healthier. I usually ramble on about adding vegetables and cutting down on sugar. It seems easy enough to me, but apparently, it’s not so easy. When I came across an Elite Daily article about simple ways to eat healthy without even thinking, I had to pay attention!
Author James Clear writes about the idea that you can unconsciously be more healthy. That’s a perfect strategy for those that ask. I love the concept of making small changes to better be able to stick to good habits.
Here’s 9 ways to do it:
- Use smaller plates.
- Make water more readily available.
- Use tall slender glasses instead of short, fat ones as you will drink less.
- Use plates that have a high color contrast with your food.
- Display healthy foods in a prominent place.
- Wrap unhealthy foods in foil and healthy foods in plastic wrap.
- Keep healthy foods in larger packages and containers, and unhealthy foods in smaller ones.
- Make half of every plate fruit or vegetables.
- Don’t shop in the center of the grocery store — these aisles are filled with unhealthy foods.
Learn more about how small changes shape your eating decisions by reading author Kerri Gans book, The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You
What tricks do you use to eat healthier?