This is the time of year when I like to bake-alot. I let the kids pick what cookies we are going to bake. As long as I can also make peanut butter cookies, I don’t care what they pick out. I also workout like crazy so I am able to go crazy on those totally delicious baking goods.
It works for me.
Yesterday, I was in the the mood for cupcakes. Yes, I’m one of those it’s-fall-so-I-must-buy-pumpkin-stuff people. So, I had to make some pumpkin cupcakes. Add a little caramel and it becomes an afternoon of yummy bliss.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 – 15oz can of pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup of full pecans
- Caramel Sauce:
- ¼ cup butter, ½ stick
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Half-and-half or heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners, then set aside.
- Mix eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin in a large bowl. Sift remaining ingredients and add to the pumpkin mixture. Pour into liners and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Prepare caramel while cakes are cooling.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for pumpkin pie spice in a medium sauce pan, and heat over medium-low heat.
- Constantly whisking mixture for about 5-7 minutes until it starts to become thicker. Turn off heat, and whisk in the pumpkin pie spice, whisk until well combined.
- Add one pecan on each cupcake and drizzle caramel sauce over cupcakes. Optional: dust with powdered sugar.