Remember the other day when I talked about my obesession with two-ingredient recipes? How about my craving for ice cream, even though it’s twenty degrees out?
Well, I found out I am able to combine the two! Not to mention peanut butter ice cream is my favorite. I’m doing the happy dance while eating some awesome (and healthy) ice cream.
This super easy ice cream recipe can be whipped up (literally) in just 15 minutes (minus the freezing time). So, if you have a craving for ice cream, but don’t want to ruin your diet with all those sugary ready made ice creams, (or, you just are out of your favorite : )), you can try this instead.
Did I mention this is consists of just two ingredients?
I’m sorry, I just like saying that. I just love that I can add this to my healthy eating plan. It’s filling and it really does taste like ice cream to me.
Now, I have to say, I used peanut butter as my “flavor” ingredient but, you can substitute peanut butter for cocoa, or whatever you want to put with it.
No, I won’t tell if you put oreo cookies in it instead.
I’m just saying…
- 4 large very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch slices.Place banana slices on a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Place the banana pieces in either a food processor or blender that can puree. Puree banana slices. Scrape sides to push banana down. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the peanut butter and blend the same.
- If you like soft ice cream (like me!) you can serve right away. Or, you can put in freezer for firmer ice cream.