As I look out my front window at our leaf covered yard (It’s been so windy lately, the leaves have been blowing off the trees at a maximum speed), I knew I wanted to get the kids out there for some photos and to get some fashion photos for the new blog (which, I’m having theme issues right now) before we rid the yard of the ton of leaves.
Right now, it’s cold and windy, so I am staying in and baking before the kids get home from school. I had this recipe in mind for awhile, but could not get a free day to do any fun baking-and you know me and my pumpkin inspired obsession (sickness).
I also wanted to experiment with desserts for Thanksgiving. I don’t like to serve just plain boring pumpkin pie. I like to change it up.
Like, pumpkin cheesecake.
Pumpkin Pie + Cheesecake.
Two yummy dishes joined together to make a perfect marriage.
I would so go to their wedding.
I don’t know about you, but I also like to nibble at my dessert, so I totally love mini desserts. These little pumpkin cakes are the perfect size for me and they just look so darn cute too.
They even look adorable in the liners too. Any reason to bring out one of my cupcake stands from my collection. I think I have one for almost every occasion.
I don’t think I have one for Christmas.
I’ll have to let Santa know that.
- 10 graham crackers-you can use chocolate or regular
- ½ stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- For the filling
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1-ounce cheesecake-flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can whipped topping
- Place graham crackers in a sandwich bag and use rolling pin to smash, or use a food processor and pulse the crackers into fine crumbs. Add butter and brown sugar and stir.
- Spoon the crumbs into individual cupcake liners. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
- In the bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and pudding mix and beat until completely mixed.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and mix again.
- Quickly spoon into cupcake liners and refrigerate for an hour.
- Garnish with whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice if desired.