The fourth was quiet, well, except for all the “bangs” and “booms” outside our house. Nobody could come over, so we made our own little cookout and lit some sparklers. Woo hoo!
1. We decided to make a mini trip out of dropping my son off at his long distance girlfriend’s house, and went on a shopping trip. Shopping trip? Yeah, I know. I found my new favorite place to eat while there- Joe’s Crab Shack. I’m a seafood fanatic and this place is the next best thing to living next to the ocean. You can get buckets of crab and lobster. That’s what I said, BUCKETS. A seafood lover’s heaven. Too bad I have to drive 200 miles to get there.
2. Now that Jordon (son) is gone for a week, I’m missing him like crazy. I now know what it will be like if he goes far away for college next year. I’m hiding all college acceptance letters.
3. My new obsession is homemade pizza. My favorite is bbq chicken. The hubby won’t touch it. We are so opposite in our tastes that I wonder how we stay married. Maybe it’s the whole “opposites attract” thing, but it’s a pain in the butt making two suppers just because HE has bad taste.
4. On our trip, we found an awesome candy store that sold candy that brought me back to my childhood. They also had these crazy pops with crazy flavors. I don’t drink pop, but they were louring me in with their tasty flavors of apple pie, key lime pie and even coffee. I bought a coffee flavored pop, but I haven’t drank it yet. I fear that if I do, I will go back to the dark side again. Maybe, I should have got the martian poop flavor instead.
5. I’m almost done with redoing our bedroom. I’ve been debating whether to buy this awesome ottoman that would so complete the room. It’s not a needed item and it’s a little more then what I want to pay, but it’s like getting that new pair of shoes you don’t need, but would complete your outfit. Now, I just have to see if that works for the hubby.
6. Speaking of the hubby, he’s been sick with a bad cold for the last couple of years-I mean, weeks-and you’d think he was dying. Honey, can you get me some soup? Honey, I ran out of Kleenex… Honey!! Funny, how when a woman is sick, she can still run a household, go to work, run errands, and probably build a house. When a guy gets sick, it takes every effort to just pick up the remote to change the channel from your favorite show to his sports channel.