Andalusia is best known for its rich culture and strong cultural identity. Situated in the southern region of Spain, this community has some of the best things the country can offer: the tapas, flamenco, and Moorish architectures among others. If you are looking for a major holiday area that is not as tourist-heavy as Seville or Granada, Almeria is definitely the best place to go. Almeria is on top of the list if you are looking for a property with stunning views. Excited to invest in Almeria? Here are some of the things to love about this small town:
- Cost of living- compared to other European countries such as Italy and the UK, Spain has a relatively less cost of living. There are many restaurants and shopping centers in the town. In Almeria, you could rent a furnished house in an expensive area at around €670 ($750) per month. That is thrice lower than the average monthly rent in the UK. However, many expats take advantage of the very affordable housing costs in Almeria today so instead of renting, they invest in a property in this small town of Andalusia. If you need help in looking for the best properties all over the town, get help from this Almeria real estate agent.
- Fabulous weather all year round- if dry and summer weather appeals to you, then you will love Almeria’s climate. It has winter but it is very mild. You can expect warm days but noticeably cooler nights during winter. Most people go to the beach during August, when the sea temperature is at 24°C.
- Exceptional health benefits- the Andalusia Health Service aims to guarantee health care to all citizens of the municipality. Residents are entitled to free healthcare paid partly by social security payments. You will be given temporary medical coverage as a non-resident of Spain. You do not have to apply for a Spanish residence permit given that you are a citizen of an EU state.
- Warm and friendly people- it is not hard to get along with the locals, thanks to the Andalusians’ exuberant culture. They love to eat, they enjoy festivities, and most of all they enjoy a laid back lifestyle. They even have “tertulia,” which means a get-together for a chat. They are known for close family ties. Meanwhile, you can also expect many expatriates living in Almeria. Based on statistics, there are currently around 420,000 foreign residents in Andalusia. That makes up the 5% of the population of the entire community.
- Stunning attractions- Almeria is home to several monuments, cathedrals, castles, and parks. The Cabo de Gata – Nijar Natural Park is the top place to go if you are searching for nature and wildlife areas. If you are on the lookout for historic sites, head to Conjunto Monumental de La Alcazaba, Oasys MiniHollywood, and the Paseo de Almeria.
Almeria is the perfect location for people who wish to live in a seaside municipality or those who want to experience more recreational activities. The charming town and the stunning beaches of Almeria make it an amazing relaxation spot. Getting around Almeria is not hard at all. Because it is a small town, you can walk around and visit many attractions.