ibotta is a free app that pays you cash for buying your favorite products in the store. Simple as that. You take a photo of your receipt after the purchase and you’ll earn cash rewards.
I’m not one to get into too many app programs, but for some reason I ended up downloading this app. I didn’t even use it for a couple of weeks. When I finally ended up actually looking at it, I thought to myself that I could actually use this!
And I love it!!
Seriously, I’m not just trying to get you to sign up under my affiliate link-though, I would love you to do so! lol
I actually look forward to going on ibotta after a shopping trip to see what rebates I can get. You see, I’m not much of a coupon user-not on purpose-I’m just lazy about cutting them out. So, I look at this as a type of coupon service. Hey, I don’t have anything to lose except for the 5-10 minutes it takes me to scan everything. I know it’s just .20 here, and .50 there, but it feels like Christmas when I hear the “chi-ching” on my phone when it’s approved for payment.
If you have one of these devices, you’ll want to try out ibotta for yourself:
- iPhone 3GS and newer
- iPod Touch fourth generation and newer
- iPad 2 and iPad 3
- Android devices running on platform 2.2 and newer
How to get started earning with ibotta:
- Click here and start your account first, then download the app to your device (iPad, iPod, iPhone or Android Smartphone or tablets).
- Before shopping, choose your offers. (You’ll need to answer survey questions and watch videos, depending on the product).
- Shop at participating stores. (Kroger, Meijer, Target, Walmart, CVS, Hyvee Rite Aid and Walgreens are some of the local stores on the app!)
- Take a photo of your receipt using your device. Your purchase will be verified and account credited within 24 hours.
- Get paid. Redeem your rewards for CASH (via PayPal) or donate it to any school in the U.S.
What do you have to lose?
I found it easy to earn cash back for items I have planned on buying anyway. I even ended up buying something because it was $1 rebate and the item was just over a $1 in price, so it was like using an awesome coupon!
If you end up trying it, please let me know what YOU think.