It’s been a loooong while since I’ve been able to post any food recipes. It’s not like I’m not making some homemade peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. Or, my favorite oreo cookie pudding pops. I just haven’t tried anything new lately. It’s not like I’ve done it on purpose. Life just gets in the way sometimes.
- son graduating from high school
-getting a new puppy
- major writing project
-kids being home for summer
- planning a vacation
-new puppy getting sick
Yep, I’ve been busy. But, that’s no excuse to not make wonderful dishes and then post about them. I’m trying to find balance in my life right now. I’m usually pretty good at that, but lately I just can’t get it together.
Twenty-four hours in a day-can I please have one more?
Now I’ll have you know, I didn’t actually bake this bread. It was given to me by a friend, but it tasted so good I wanted to tell you about it. This is a filling breakfast bread that tastes great toasted and even not toasted. Emily just eats it like it is. No toaster required. She just grabs it and goes. I like it that way as well, but I could stand to eat it toasted and buttered as well.
I managed to get the recipe from my friend for you so you can enjoy this reason-to-go-off-your-diet bread. Bake a loaf and if you invite me over to share it with you, I’ll bring my adorable puppy for you to cuddle with.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together beaten eggs with the sugar. Add milk and vegetable oil. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together. Combine two mixtures and stir until blended. Gently add in fresh blueberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Topping: Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 5 tablespoons sugar ,and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.