I’m not one to go all out for Valentine’s Day. Sure, I like to bring out the cute heart decorations and jazz up the house in red, pink and white, but I don’t need all the romantic stuff. Maybe, it’s because we try to do date night every couple of weeks, so it doesn’t seem like a special occasion to go out because it’s Valentine’s Day.
If we do go out, we like to go out the day before, or even week before if we celebrate it with dinner because restaurants are so packed, if takes the fun out of it. If that makes me a party pooper, so be it. Heck, just give me a big box of gourmet chocolates and I’m good.
Now, if it’s our anniversary, I’m all there. I feel like that’s the time to celebrate our love for each other. The hubby better have something good in a pretty wrapped box accompanied with something chocolate flavored.
I admit, I did forget our anniversary one year and he still hasn’t let me forget it, So, I always mark it on the calendar early so I don’t make that fatal mistake again.
Come on, guys forget all the time-I just wanted to even things out.
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese — softened
- ¼ cup stick margarine or butter — softened
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.
- Cream Cheese frosting:
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable.