On my quest to eat better, I have made many changes in my life. I’ve decided that there is no way that I’ll be able to keep sweets totally out of my diet.
And that’s okay.
I will also still have my Starbucks on Saturdays-white chocolate mocha and I cannot be separated. Besides, after a week of being super duper good with my meals, one cup of overly-expensive-but-worth-it-coffee isn’t going to ruin anything. : )
I like to eat my treat (usually chocolate) while watching my favorite shows. Some of you have admitted to your secret of being a reality show junkie like me. Do you watch Bravo tv? I could watch it all day long-except for when they throw on an actual movie. Why do they do that to us?
Just give us reality all day!
My list of recent favs:
Tone It Up
Courtney Loves Dallas
All of the Real Housewives (New York coming soon-yay)
I hope they still keep on Jeff Lewis and the Million Dollar Listings because I miss those. Do you watch any of these shows?
Here is a cookie that I can feel a little better about because it’s made with sunflower butter and my son could actually eat since he’s allergic to nuts.
It’s a win-win for everyone!
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed butter, chilled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, Sunflower Seed Butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate about 2-4 hours.
- Roll dough into small balls with your hands. Place about 3 inches apart on ugreased baking sheets. Dip a fork in flour and press onto tops of cookies, making a criss-cross pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for a minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely before eating.