Breakfast is a battle at our house.
We are always in a hurry during the school year, practically running out the door. Because of this, I try to make something that I can almost literally throw in their mouths on the way out the door. Bad mom? Probably, but at least I’m feeding them. I get points for that, right?
Mornings are also quickly becoming chilly as well, so I like to serve something warm.
In walks warm mini cinnamon rolls.
Easy to make the evening before and pop in the microwave for a couple of seconds to warm the tummy!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon Mixture:
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Mix topping( cinnamon and brown and confectioners sugar) in a separate bowl and set a side.
- Prepare icing as well. Icing: Mix all ingredients until smooth. Set a side
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffins: Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add dry ingredient mixture.
- Divide half the batter among prepared muffin cups. Add a spoonful of cinnamon mixture into each cup and then add remaining batter, and top with more cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 7 minutes, then add icing to top