Since my teenage son discovered girls, he’s rarely home. I’m glad that his interests have expanded from just video games, and he realized that there are other interests in the world. He has a girlfriend right now and went on vacation with his girlfriend’s family this week to stay at a lodge in Missouri. Her mom sent me a text saying that he actually shucked some corn for dinner.
I can’t even get him to take out the trash.
On another subject, I would like to tell you about something I rarely talk about…
You must make this one…
These are sooooo good! I had a brownie mix sitting in the cupboard, but I didn’t have any frosting. I just couldn’t do plain brownies. I decided to make some chocolate ganache, but I needed more. I had a craving for caramel too, so I knew I needed to put them all together.
These are perfect when you just want to satisfy your chocolate craving without having to eat a huge piece of chocolate cake. It makes me less guilty too.
Even if I end up having two.
- Fudge Brownie Box Mix
- (all ingredients needed depending on what brand you pick)
- Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Soft Caramel:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Refer to box directions. Bake in special dessert square pans, or regular pan.
- Bring the heavy cream to a gentle boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Whisk the cream and (now melted) chocolate together into smooth and glossy.
- Place the sugar, water, and corn syrup in a small saucepan, stirring to combine. Without stirring, bring to a boil over high heat, swirling the ingredients in the pan occasionally. Continue boiling until the mixture reaches an amber color (not too dark, or red). Remove from heat and very carefully (the mixture will quickly expand and sputter) add the cream in a slow steady stream, being sure to stir constantly. Once combined, add the salt and butter and continue stirring until both are completely melted and combined. Cool to room temperature before using.
- After brownies cool, cut into small squares and put a dap of caramel on top. Pour ganache over caramel and brownie.