Stretch marks not only happen from pregnancy. They can appear from weight gain and loss, rapid growth, heredity and stress. When this happens, contraction of the skin causes tears in the dermis, or middle layer of skin. This causes capillaries to burst and form scars. This scarring show up as dark lines on the skin surface, ranging from pink to dark brown coloring and found mainly on the abdomin. They can also appear on thighs, breasts, and upper arms.
You don’t have to live with these unsightly marks. Here are ten natural remedies for stretch marks.
1. Wheat germ oil: If used at the early stage, wheat germ oil rubbed daily will help with fading.
2. Lemon Juice: A simple way to get rid of stretch marks is applying lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic and helps to deal with stretch marks. Take one lemon and squeeze the juice onto the stretch marks. Rub on stretch marks.
3. Shea Butter: Use 100% Shea Butter daily on stretch marks twice a day by rubbing a small amount on them.
4. Bio-oil: Bio Oil is a specialist skincare oil that fades scars.
5. Vitamin C: Vitamin C can increase collagen production in early-stage stretch marks. Take 500 milligrams three times a day.